Dermaplaning Facial Treatment
Introductory Offer $70
Led Light $40
Lactic Peel $40
Glycolic Peel $40
With complimentary Post Soothing Mask & Scalp Massage with add-on option only.
What is Dermaplaning?
DERMAPLANING / Epidermal Levelling is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz) of the face.
Using a scalpel and a delicate touch, we simply abrade the surface of the skin using light feathering strokes. It is a great treatment for those who have excess vellus hair on the skin, as this hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the client brighter, healthier looking skin.
Dermaplaning does not affect the actual hair follicle. Every individual hair follicle has its own individual DNA, which we are born with. This will determine whether it is vellus (light, thin) or terminal (thicker, darker). Terminal hairs are predetermined, they tend to appear due to hormone changes i.e.pregnancy, menopause and hormonal abnormalities. True, once the hair is cut, it has a blunt edge. But this blunt edge does not mean that the hair structure itself has been physiologically altered. So therefore, Dermaplaning does not affect how your hair would regrow. It will grow back at the same rate and texture as before the treatment
What are the benefits of Dermaplaning?
- Instant improvement to skin tone and texture.
- Skin will be softer to the touch and smoother in appearance.
- Brighter complexion with a more youthful glow.
- Active ingredients in skin care products penetrate more deeply improving your results.
- Removes vellus hair.
- No pain – just a light pressure.
- No chemicals, unless you choose to have a peel afterwards for deeper exfoliation.
- Make-up glides on easily, making it the ideal pre-event treatment.
- Suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive skins.
- Assists in reducing blocked follicles (blackheads) and milia
- Can be performed on clients using Retinols (Vitamin A’s)
- Minimal risk of post-procedure breakouts
- There is NO downtime – mild pinkness can be expected for 30-60 minutes
- Safe for pregnant/lactating women
- Increases skins firmness and elasticity
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles.
This treatment is a good alternative for clients with sensitive skin who are not suitable for Microdermabrasion. There is no down time associated with the treatment. The treatment can be used as a standalone treatment or in conjunction with a chemical peel for better penetration of product. For best results we recommend a course of 4-8 treatments with 3-4 week intervals if you require this treatment for brightening and skin exfoliation. Results will be seen with each and every treatment, and treatments can be ongoing. If you are requiring this treatment for the hair removal benefits, the treatments are ongoing and you can do these around 6-8 weeks apart.
At Shahnaz Husain Beauty Clinic we only use high quality, one time use sterile devices. We pride ourselves on both our knowledge and experience but also on our thorough consultations that ensure we have all the necessary information to minimise the risk of complications.